Acrylic Modeling Paste
11 in stock
Molding, or modeling paste is an acrylic medium that is filled with solid material. The result is a thick pasty white substance that can create a controlled textural surface. Molding paste is an opaque white when it dries.
- Extra heavy body and very opaque.
- A marble paste made of marble dust and 100% polymer emulsion.
- Used to build heavy textures on rigid supports and create three-dimensional forms.
- Dries to the hardness of stone. It can be sanded or carved when thoroughly dry.
- Can be handled like clay if the top of the container is removed and some of the water is allowed to slowly evaporate until it reaches a clay-like consistency.
- Adheres to any non-oily, absorbent surface.
- Drying too quickly causes mud cracking that is usually cosmetic, not structural.
- When mixed with acrylic colors will act as a weak tinting white, while increasing thickness and rigidity.
- Excellent substrate for acrylic paint, oil paint, oil pastel, oil bars, watercolor, graphite or dry pastel.
- Apply with knife, brush, cake decorating tools, etc.
- To prevent shrinkage cracks (mud cracking), dry slowly by covering loosely with plastic wrap. Apply less than 1/4″ thick.
- Mix with acrylic colors to produce a colored tinted paste.
- When dry, it may be painted with acrylic or oil colors.
To prevent cracking, especially if applying on a flexible surface, mix 50/50 with Maimeri gel medium